LP and Allocator Cash Flow Forecasting
PivotData’s Cash Flow Forecasting module provides LP’s and Allocators with the ability to manage and predict cash flows for all types of investments, including alternative investments such as private equity and real estate transactions. Our cash flow module will enable you to model current and future investments, taking into account different events such as changes in distributions, changes in EBITDA forecast, or changes in a fund manager’s liquidity requirements.
PivotData’s Cash Flow Forecasting Module allows family offices to automate waterfall calculation processes and scenario forecasting capabilities. Coupled with our data warehouse solution, our Cash Flow Forecasting Module will allow you to report cash flow forecasts for any entity or ownership structure.
Benefits of PivotData’s Cash Flow Forecasting Module
- Integrated into our Data Warehouse with intuitive input sheets allowing users to input and update waterfall scenarios.
- Ability to track and report waterfall calculations at the GP or investment levels.
- Built-in functions allow for re-forecasting of cash flows based on projected IRR or EBITDA.
- Includes cash flow forecasting report for any entity or group of entities.
PivotData’s Cash Flow Forecasting Module also allows for the roll-up of cash flow forecasts for individual assets. This powerful capability allows an investor to forecast cash flows at the fund and portfolio level, while taking into consideration various waterfall criteria within the portfolio and investment structure. Additionally, when coupled with our data warehouse module, you are able to report cash flow forecasts for any entity, or group of entities.
LP and Allocators – ILPA Reporting
ILPA’s Capital Call / Distribution Template
PivotData has integrated ILPA’s capital call and distribution recommendations into our ETL and data warehouse process to facilitate the collection and processing of capital call information between the LP and GP. Our incorporation of the ILPA reporting guidelines will serve several purposes, including, but not limited to:
- Enabling the LP to interpret and account for a transaction accurately
- Reducing LP and GP processing times and ultimately reducing monitoring costs
- Improving LP-GP communications in regards to an investment’s status
The Capital Call and Distribution Notice data is automatically uploaded to the data warehouse, and updates the relevant financial data and cash flow forecast as required.
LP and Allocator – Investment ReportingPivotData has developed an investment management report package designed to provide LP’s with a comprehensive investment reporting package for their entire portfolio. The reporting capabilities encompass complex and entity ownerships. All reports can be generated at any entity level.
Our LP reporting package works seamlessly with our data warehouse to allow you to create the required reporting at any level, at any time for your clients. The LP investment reporting package includes the following reports, by entity:
- Asset Allocation
- Investment Performance and Peer IRR analysis
- Style and Sector Analysis by Investment Type
- Cash flow summaries
- J Curve Analysis
- Vintage Analysis
- Comprehensive deal analysis and comparison with Peers
- Summary of Capital Calls
Private Fund Data Evaluation Module
As institutional investors look to alternatives to play a role in their portfolios (additional asset class exposures, volatility reducers, liquidity plays, etc.), the ability to compare new fund data to their broader portfolios on a consistent basis becomes crucial.
PivotData’s Private Fund Evaluation Module (PFEM) is designed to enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of your portfolio construction analysis process. PivotData allows you to utilize Microsoft’s pivot table technology to quickly run analytics for fund screening and portfolio construction.
PivotData’s Private Fund Evaluation Module allows investors (Institutional Investment Firms, Pension Funds, Fund of Funds, and other Allocators) to import private fund data from FORM PF, OPERA (Open Protocol Enabling Risk Assessment Standards), AIFMD, and other private fund data reports into PivotData’s investment management data warehouse. We have developed specific ETL processes to enable the loading of these data sets.
Additionally, we can load your existing portfolio data into the data warehouse, allowing for advanced fund analysis and portfolio screening capabilities. Our Private Fund Evaluation Module allows investors to quickly run portfolio analytics on hundreds of private funds, streamlining your fund investment due diligence process. Some of the quantitative analysis that can be performed include:
- Analysis of the impact of new funds on your overall portfolio risk and return
- Statistical analysis of historical returns
- Factor or macro exposure analysis
- Performance attribution
- Benchmark and peer group analysis
- Analysis of drawdowns
- Stress test of various risk measures
PFEM allows you to evaluate specific funds, or combinations of funds, weighing a funds’ performance and strategy against another, and considering the weighting of each fund in your total portfolio. You can evaluate funds by analyzing the following characteristics:
- Return patterns
- Sources of alpha and beta
- Correlation among funds and strategies
- Aggregate levels of volatility
- Downside deviation
- Maximum drawdown
- Upside/downside capture
- Value at risk (VaR)
- Gross long/short exposures
- Counterparty risk
- Market and factor exposures
- Liquidity ?
Next Article: Markets - Private Equity GP’s